Harley’s factory alarm system prevents the engine from turning over when not deactivated.
Your Harley came with a key fob. If for some reason you do not have the key fob present, but you do have the key, you will need to have reset the factory alarm with your own personal identification number. Changing the personal identification number will allow you to start your Harley when you do not have the key fob, or even if the battery in key fob has not been changed. Without resetting your alarm, your Harley will only be a pretty lawn ornament.
Resetting Your PIN
1. Select a five-digit number and record it in the manual or some place else easily accessible in case you forget it.
2. With an assigned fob present, turn the “IGN” key in this pattern:
3. Press the left turn signal three times.
4. Press the right turn signal one time and release. The turn signal should flash three times. The current PIN number should appear in the odometer. The first digit will be flashing.
5. Enter the first number by pressing the left turn signal the same number of times as the digit. So if the first number is 5, press the left turn signal five times.
6. Press the right turn signal one time and release. The new number will replace the old number in the odometer.
7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 until all numbers have been reset.
8. Turn the ignition key to “Off.”
Disarming with Your PIN
9. Turn the key to “Ignition.”
10. Hold both turn signal switches until you receive confirmation.
11. Enter the first number by pressing the left turn signal the same number of times as the digit.
12. Press the right turn signal once.
13. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you have entered your PIN.