Track your HD video captured on a Sony camera with the provided Sony Picture Motion Browser.
The Sony Picture Motion Browser is a program that accompanies many Sony video camera purchases (including HD video cameras). This program uploads video directly from the video camera, once connected, and sorts the video files by date and when captured. This allows you to easily access your recorded files. Once the data is uploaded into the program, you may copy the data to any storage device, including an external hard drive.
1. Plug the USB data cable into the USB port on the Sony HD video camera, then plug the other end into a USB port on the computer. Power on the Sony HD camera and set it to “View.” Wait a moment and the Sony Picture Motion Browser software should load automatically (if it doesn’t, the program is available on the “Start” menu). Wait while the software uploads the video content onto the program display screen.
2. Connect the external hard drive to your computer via the USB cable provided, then power on the hard drive.
3. Click “Start,” “(My) Computer,” then double-click the removable device icon. A window appears on the screen with all the data currently stored on the external hard drive.
4. Click and drag the video files listed in the Sony Picture Motion Browser that you want to copy into the external hard drive over into the open display window. A progress bar appears, displaying how much time you need to wait before the files have finished loading.
5. Close out the open windows once the HD video files have finished uploading to the external hard drive. Right-click the removable device icon and select “Eject” from the pull-down window. You are free to disconnect the hard drive once the icon disappears.