Millions of people access the Craigslist Web site each day. If you want to sell auto parts, you can have access to this large consumer base by posting an ad on the site yourself. If you create a catchy ad and offer your auto parts at a reasonable price, you should be able to find interested buyers.
Sell Auto Parts on Craigslist
1. Sell auto parts on Craigslist by creating a catchy ad through the site. Start at the homepage (see Resources below).
2. Consider creating an account with Craigslist if you are going to sell auto parts on a regular basis (see Resources below). Creating an account is both easy to do and free of charge. The benefit is that it facilitates the organization of multiple postings for those who are going to post often on the site.
3. Go to the Craigslist page for the city in which you wish to sell auto parts. This may be your city or it may be elsewhere. Factor in the costs of shipping your auto parts if you post an ad directed at Craigslist users in another locale.
4. Select ‘Auto Parts’ from the ‘For Sale’ category located on the Craigslist main page of your desired city.
5. Click the ‘Post’ button on the page that has just opened.
6. Select ‘Auto Parts’ from the available list. If you have selected a large city, like New York or Los Angeles, you will be prompted to choose a neighborhood where you wish to sell your auto parts. Users may reduce their searches to specific areas, so consider your choices wisely.
7. Complete your post. This will include adding your post title, your post content and your email address (which will show up as anonymous on the post). Make your information as detailed as possible so potential buyers can better understand your product. Adding pictures is also a plus.
8. Review the email that is sent to your account. Click on the ‘Publish’ link, review the preview of your ad and click the ‘Publish’ option again to post your auto parts ad.