Wallpaper on a computer or cell phone adds a nice, decorative touch, just as it does in your home. Traditional computer wallpaper often portrays images of sandy beaches, falling autumn leaves or other scenes of nature. On the iPhone, you can set the background to similar pictures, or you can personalize your wallpaper by using photos downloaded from your computer.
Download Your Own Photos to Set as iPhone Wallpaper
1. Plug the included USB cable into both your iPhone and your computer. The iTunes program will automatically open.
2. Check the box to sync photos between your iPhone and your computer. This information appears on your computer screen when iTunes opens.
3. Use the photo pane to sync the iPhone with pictures you may want to set as wallpaper. They can be in iPhoto, Adobe Photoshop or individual folders within your computer.
Take Pictures With Your iPhone to Use as Wallpaper
4. Point your iPhone at the item or person you want to photograph.
5. Tap the camera icon with your finger and hold the iPhone steady as the picture is taken.
6. Name the picture file so you can easily retrieve it to set it as wallpaper.
Set the iPhone Wallpaper
7. Click the “Photos” icon. Some icons may be hard to determine from the pictures on them, but are clearly marked underneath.
8. Select the picture you would like to set as your iPhone wallpaper.
9. Tap on the button that looks like an arrow inside a rectangle (a checkbox) and choose “Use as Wallpaper.”
10. Size the wallpaper photo by manipulating it back and forth within the touch screen until you have your desired shape and size.
11. Touch “Set as Wallpaper” to create your wallpaper.
12. Choose wallpaper from a selection of pictures already installed in iPhone if you do not want to use your own. Go to “Settings” and pick “Wallpaper from Home Screen” to select an image.