Simple steps allow you to receive HD satellite broadcasts.
Dish Network is a satellite television company that provides a variety of different services, including high-definition programming. Its HD service gives you more than 100 channels of HD programming. Before you can use your improved audio and picture settings, HD programming on your satellite receiver and television must be set up.
1. Contact Dish Network and tell them you want to upgrade your service. Because this requires a new satellite dish and receiver, you need to set up a time for a service technician to stop by and install the new dish and drop off the receiver.
2. Connect the cable running in from the wall (this is connected to the new satellite dish) into the “In” port on your receiver.
3. Plug the HDMI cable into the HDMI port on your Dish Network receiver. Connect the opposite end of the HDMI cable into one of the HDMI ports on your television.
4. Power on the television and the Dish Network receiver. Press the “Input” button on the TV remote, then choose “HDMI” to begin viewing the programming.
5. Select “Menu” on the Dish Network remote control. Choose “Options,” then select “Aspect Ratio.” Change the aspect ratio to what your HD television is (either 720 or 1080). Choose “OK” and your television adjusts to give you the best picture quality possible.