Python snakeskin belts are fashion forward.
Python snakeskin is incredibly fragile to work with but makes for an elegant accessory. Creating a python snakeskin-covered accessory can give an outfit the fashion-forward look necessary to turn heads. Sewing python snakeskin can be a tricky process, but the effect is worth the effort. A python leather belt is the easiest item to make at home. Properly done, a python snakeskin belt is truly a beautiful product to own. Does this Spark an idea?
1. Set up the snakeskin leather sewing area with the cutting mat, a metal ruler and a razor knife. Place the snakeskin onto the mat and tape it down to keep it from moving while being cut.
2. Place a leather needle and leather foot into your sewing machine. The leather foot is to keep the leather from sliding, as any slight movement will noticeably damage the leather when the needle hits it. Set the machine aside.
3. Cut the snakeskin leather, on the mat, 10 inches longer than the waist measurement needed for the belt, using the rotary cutting knife. The round knife is best to keep from ripping the edges of the delicate skin. Cut the snakeskin to the same width as the belt buckle that was chosen. If desired, measure the snakeskin a little wider than needed to wrap around the cowskin belt.
4. Shape the free end that will not be attached to the belt buckle into either the arrow form or a rounded form.
5. Rounded snakeskin leather belt
Cut the cowskin leather base to the same measurements as the snakeskin, using the razor knife to accomodate the added thickness.
6. Use double-sided tape to affix the snake skin to the cowskin leather belt. If the snake skin was measured wider than the cowskin belt pattern, wrap the edges around and tape them down too. The thread will go through both sides, securing the snakeskin even further.
7. Sew the snakeskin to the base fabric. Top-stitch it all around the edges, going slowly.
8. Varnish the snake skin to make it shiny. This will also protect it from scaling or fading.
9. Attach the belt buckle using rivet snaps, and punch three holes one inch from the open end and one inch from each other.