The world of Wii Homebrew is an almost endless frontier of fan-made games, applications and exploits. One such application give you the ability to play GameCube backups on your Wii without the original disc. There are several different methods of installing the Homebrew Channel — the safe application to run fan-made games — along with the GameCube Backup Launcher, which is necessary to play backups.
Install Homebrew Channel
1. Download the Smash Stack exploit and the HackMii Installer (see References).
2. Insert the SD card into your Wii, along with Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and start the game.
3. Press “Start” to advance past the main menu, and select the “Vault” option. Select “Stage Builder.”
4. Move all created stages to the SD card by highlighting them, pressing A and selecting “Copy to SD card.”
5. Delete every stage on your Wii console memory by highlighting them and selecting the Delete option.
6. Remove the SD card from your Wii, and insert it in the SD card adapter. Plug your adapter into one of your computer’s USB ports.
7. Select “My Computer” in your computer‘s Start menu, and open the SD card adapter by double-clicking its “Removable Disc” icon. Rename the folder titled “private” to “private-old” by right-clicking and selecting the Rename option.
8. Open the Smash Stack exploit on your computer, and copy its “private” folder into the root of your SD Card.
9. Open the HackMii Installer on your computer, and move an “.elf” file onto the root of your SD card.
10. Insert the SD card back into your Wii, and start Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Go to the Stage Builder, and the “.elf” file you placed on the root of your SD card will load.
11. Follow the on-screen instructions, and click to install the Homebrew Channel.
Install GameCube Backup Launcher
12. Download GameCube Backup Launcher Theta (see References). Return your SD card to your computer, and open the Theta folder.
13. Copy the “Apps” folder and “RVL-mios-v8.wad” into the root of your SD Card.
14. Insert the SD card into your Wii, and boot up the Homebrew Channel. Browse for an application called “cMIOS-res1-Installer,” and start it.
15. Follow the on-screen instructions, and scroll over to the “WAD Installer.” Press A to select it, and wait until the installation completes.
16. Press any button to restart your Wii.
17.Return to the Homebrew Channel, and select the newly installed GameCube Backup Loader.