Times Square is probably the most well-known tourist spot in all of New York City. When you think of Times Square, New Year’s Eve is probably the first thing that pops into your mind. Times Square is good for much more than just one night a year. In fact, it is arguably the most exciting spot on the planet. Here is spend a day in Times Square.
1. Shop at Toys ‘R Us Times Square. This is the ultimate toy store for both kids and kids at heart. A Barbie play area with a life size Barbie dream house, large Lego constructions of some of New York City’s landmarks such as the Empire State Building and gargantuan T-Rex from “Jurassic Park” are just some of the highlights awaiting you at Toys ‘R Us Times Square. The Candy Land area is a must for anybody who loves his sweets. If that isn’t enough, there is even a Ferris wheel in the middle of the store.
2. Eat a meal at the Hard Rock Cafe found in Times Square. Every major city has a Hard Rock Cafe and New York is no different. The Hard Rock found in Times Square holds memorabilia from rock legends like The Beatles, Led Zeppelin and The King, Elvis. There is even a concert venue for special events that take place throughout the year.
3. Stop at one of the many souvenir shops to pick up some Times Square merchandise to take home. Chances are somebody from home will ask you to bring something back from your trip to New York City. The small shops at Times Square offer every cliché souvenir there is. The famous “I ‘Heart’ New York” shirts are all over the place in Times Square, as are mini snow globes, FDNY/NYPD and World Trade Center merchandise.
4. Buy some candy at M&M’s World. This is the place for anybody who loves M&M’s or chocolate in general. Giant replica M&M’s can be found at the store, such as one dressed as Lady Liberty. Of course, M&M’s World holds many assortments of the beloved candy, including colors that you can only find at the store.
5. See a show at one of the many theaters in Times Square. Everything from Shakespeare to children’s theater to some of the most popular musicals of all time can be found in Times Square. Remember to get your tickets far in advance, though, as these shows sell out almost immediately.
6. Eat at the ESPN Zone in Times Square. It’s safe to say that unless you’re at the game, there is no better place to watch a sporting event in New York than ESPN Zone in Times Square. The restaurant holds over 100 HD TVs which showcase the best in sports from around the world. There is also a gift shop right in the restaurant.