An SD card is a storage device especially effective for storing video files because they contain large memory capacities ranging from 1GB to 16GB and more. On a computer, you can transfer videos of different formats such as MP4, AVI and WMV to your SD card and transfer to other computers or playback on portable media players. Whether you are using a PC or Mac, you can accomplish this task easily.
1. Locate the memory card slot on your computer. It is labeled “SD/MMC/SM/MS/MS-PRO.”
2. Insert the SD card into the memory slot. Your computer will automatically recgnize the device. Connect an SD card reader to the computer and insert your SD card into it if your computer does not have an in-built memory card slot. Your computer will still automatically recognize your SD card inserted in the SD card reader.
3. Double-click “My Computer” on the desktop. You should see your SD card listed as a removal disk and assigned a letter such as J, K, L or D depending on your computer.
4. Right-click the SD card disk and click “Properties.” You should see your SD card memory capacity. Click “OK” to close the properties window.
5. Double-click your SD card disk to launch it. Locate the video file you want to transfer to the card from the location (folder) you have saved it to on your computer. Right-click it and click “Copy.”
6. Go back to the SD card disk window you launched and right-click an empty spot. Click “Paste” to transfer the video to your SD card. Make sure the video file has a lower memory capacity than the SD card or you will not be able to transfer it. Alternatively, you can drag the video (movie) file directly to the SD card disk window to transfer it.
7. Close the SD card disk when you are done and click the “Safely remove hardware” button located on the system tray.
8. Click your SD card disk letter (J, K, L) and click “Stop.” When prompted to, remove your SD card from the computer.
9. Connect an SD card reader to the computer and insert your SD card into the card slot. Your computer will still automatically recognize your SD card inserted in the SD card reader. You should see your SD card listed as a removal disk on the deskop.
10. Double-click the SD card to launch it. Locate your video file from the location you have it on your computer and right-click it. Click “Copy.”
11. Go back to the SD card disk window and right-click an empty spot. Click “Paste” to transfer the video file to your SD card. Make sure the video file memory size is less than that of the SD card.
12. Close the SD card disk window. Drag the SD card disk from the desktop to the recycle bin to safely eject it from your computer.