Dish Network dual tuner receivers allows two TVs to connect to one receiver.
Dish Network is a U.S. satellite television provider. With Dish’s dual tuner technology, you can watch two different television shows in two different rooms using only one receiver. TV2 refers to the TV that is not directly connected to the satellite receiver. However, because TV2 is still controlled by the satellite receiver, some troubleshooting steps to fix a blue screen error involve making changes to the satellite receiver. Blue screens, according to Dish Network support, indicate that there is no satellite signal being sent to the TV.
1. Make sure that the satellite receiver is plugged into a live power source and turned on. Sometimes a blue screen on TV2 can be due to the receiver not being turned on, thus not sending a signal to the TV. Hold the “Power” button down on the front of the receiver to turn it on.
2. Check the coaxial cable connection from the wall outlet to your satellite receiver, which is connected to TV1, to make sure it is securely connected. This is the most important connection to check because without incoming information, the receiver cannot send a signal to TV1 or TV2.
3. Check the coaxial cable connection from your wall outlet to TV2. Even though TV2 is not directly connected to a satellite receiver, you must still connect TV2 to a wall outlet using a coaxial cable.
4. Try changing the channel on TV2 to channel 60 or 73. These are two typical channels that the satellite receiver send a signal to. If this fixes the problem, press the “SAT” button on your remote and use TV2 as you normally would.
5. Go to TV1 and open the “Modulator” screen. Click “Menu” on the remote followed by the numbers “6,” “1,” and “5.” Locate “TV2 Out Mode Setting” on the screen and change it from “Air to Cable” or “Cable to Air,” depending on the current setting. Look for the new channel number displayed under the line “TV2 Out.” Go back to TV2 and change the channel to the channel displayed under “TV2 Out.” If this fixes the problem, press the “SAT” button on your remote and use TV2 as you normally would.
6. Reset the satellite receiver. Turn off the receiver and unplug it from the wall outlet for 15 seconds. Plug the receiver back into the wall and turn on the receiver. If the problem still persists, contact Dish Network support. See “Resources” for a link to Dish Network support.