The Acer company has become well known for producing inexpensive laptops that run the Windows Operating System. Although their computers do not cost a prohibitive amount of money, Acer laptops come with many of the features that consumers expect from more expensive companies, including webcams. Some common issues that you may have with the webcam on your Acer Aspire 5570z is that it may not work immediately after purchase. Installation of new webcam drivers and re-installation of the hardware is commonly required for Acer laptops running Windows XP or Vista.
1. Download and install the driver listed under Orbicam Webcams on the Acer Aspire Support website listed in the Resources section of this article below.
2. Restart your computer.
3. Select “Start->Control Panel->Add Hardware” from your computer’s start menu.
4. Choose the webcam for your laptop and select the “OK” button. Your webcam will now be installed.
5. Log in to your Google Gmail account. If you do not have one, register for a free account (see Resources below).
6. Choose the “Install Video Chat” menu option from the Gmail interface and restart your Web browser.
7. Log back in to your Google Gmail account and left-click a contact to video chat with your Aspire webcam. The contact must be available and also have video chat enabled.