Program and use your Comcast HD remote in a matter of minutes.
Remote controls for the devices that we use for entertainment seem to constantly pile up. Designs in universal remotes just haven’t been able to keep up with our desire for more technology and entertainment. Using and programming a Comcast HD remote will help you regain control of turning on the TV and flipping channels, among other things.
1. Turn on the device you are planning on programming for use with the Comcast remote. Note that the “Aux” button on the remote corresponds to devices such as DVD player or sound system, while the “TV” button is responsible specifically for your TV.
2. Press the “TV” or “Aux” button on the top of your remote once, depending on the device you’re programming. Press and hold the “Setup” button until the selected mode button blinks twice.
3. Locate the four-digit code specific to the manufacturer of the device you are programming to the Comcast remote. You can find this code either on the manual that came with the remote or online. Enter the code, and the selected button will blink twice if this has been done correctly. If you have entered the incorrect code, the selected mode will light up once and exit programing mode. In this case, repeat the process from the beginning.
4. Aim the remote at the device you’re programing and press the “Power” button. The device should turn off. If it doesn’t turn off, repeat the process using another code under the list of codes for the manufacturer of the device you’re programming.
5. Write down the code that works and store it in a safe place for future reference.